RSS

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Review: Alice in Wonderland




Ok, Personally, I think this movie sucks. Not because I hate Alice in Wonderland, it's because the show was far too predictable, generic and weak in storyline. I found the whole plot rather unclimatic and the jokes very oddball-ish. I love British movies, but this was just a let down. As expected, the some jokes were too deep for shallow Singaporeans to comprehend, but I did not laugh at them either. And talk about untimely SFX. I do not know if the sound system at the cinema sucks bad or it was just the movie itself. I heard random loud swooshes here and there when there were talking. Many a times i had to rely on the chinese subtitles and I could not comprehend what was being said. But, this didn't really change the fact that the movie was not a good one. Poor Johnny Depp, but his character portrayal is very awesome indeed.

So, Alice is 19 years old now. After her father's death, she was attending a certain event. Caught his brother-in-law cheating, someone proposes to her, ya da ya da. Fell into a hole after chasing a rabbit. That started her so called "epic" journey. So, for half the show, she was being a mega pessimist and stuff. Eventually, she redeemed herself and slayed the giant Dragon.


Honestly, the scene looks like something you see from a Demon's Soul point of view(Small knight fight Big dragon). But again, they had to ruin it and gave the fight such a lame ending. Oh, did I mention Anne Hathaway looks like a goth princess in white here? So, Yea bad "sequel" of Alice. It made the "Alice in Wonderland" stage in Kingdom Hearts look more dramatic.

Rating: 2.5/5

Way to go 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment