RSS

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ranger Addiction

Yes, lately I have been having a Rangers addiction. Namely, the original Power Rangers and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger.Each for different reasons.

MMPR:

This stuff is godly childhood stuff man. I mean, who doesn't know who MMPR is? You might as well end your life by jumping off a cliff. The very sight of MMPR brings back many nostalgic memories I had during my childhood. Dancing to the power rangers tune and morph stupidly with the on-screen heroes. Nostalgia is sweet and all but that's about as much I like about MMPR. Sure it had its moment. But that was 1993. This is 2010 we are talking about. The new generation of geek boys. Nonetheless, MMPR is awesome.

Bringing it on!

I wouldn't say this is the newest series, but it is the very reason that revived my love for Rangers. The innovative 'henshin' and other transformation is very entertaining to watch. Everyone gets bored of, "It's morphing time!". Shinkenger morphs by brush strokes using their phones and shouting "Ippitsu Soujo!"






Quite a difference eh. In this day and age, you got to be the best of the best to get the kids attention. Therefore, a lot of work was put into such series and shows even though it is targeted at young children.


Anyway, I kinda drift off. That wasn't the reason why I'm watching rangers/sentai again. After Power Rangers: Lost in Space, I realized that PR was getting tacky and generic and so I lost interest. That thought stuck on to me as the years go by. I always the the mentality as such -"As Kamen Rider progresses, Sentai will always stay at the bottom, much like Ultraman." During the crossover with Decade, I was intrigued by their new design(Shinkenger). So, i began to take a further peak. Soon, I found myself watching the whole damn series. And i must say, it is not a regret. The story surpasses t hat of recent Kamen Rider series and i truly enjoyed it. It was deep and emotional unlike other series I have watched. So in the end, I loved it because it was unique.

This year, Shinkenger has ended, which will be preceded by Goseiger. But as far as it goes, it looks very generic once again to me. So, I'll have to wait and see.



Maybe Den-o can form a Super Sentai =D

No comments:

Post a Comment